CHAPTER 135: AIRPORT
ARTICLE I. AIRPORT BOARD
Section 135.010. Creation of Board — Qualifications of Members. [Ord. No. 99 §26.020(1), 3-13-1989; Ord. No. 443 §§1 — 2, 2-13-2012]
There shall be established the Stockton Airport Board. Said Board shall consist of a minimum of three (3) persons who shall be at least twenty-one (21) years of age, and one (1) of whom shall be a licensed pilot. All members of the Airport Board shall be residents of Cedar County for at least two (2) years prior to their appointment. The Mayor, with the approval of the Board of Aldermen, shall appoint suitable members to the Board.
Section 135.020. Terms of Directors. [Ord. No. 99 §26.020(2), 3-13-1989]
A. Such members shall hold their respective office from the first (1st) of the fiscal year following their appointment by the Mayor. They shall be appointed for a term of two (2) years.
B. The Mayor may, by and with the consent of the Board of Aldermen, remove any member of the Airport Board for misconduct or neglect of duty.
C. Vacancies occasioned by removal, resignation or otherwise shall be reported to the Board of Aldermen and shall be filled in like manner as original appointments, except that the term of office is restricted to the unexpired term of office. No director of the Board shall receive compensation as such.
Section 135.030. Officers — Rules and Powers. [Ord. No. 99 §26.020(3), 3-13-1989]
The Airport Board shall, immediately after the appointment of directors, meet and organize by the election of one (1) member as President, a Vice President and Secretary. The Board may make and adopt such bylaws, rules and regulations for its own guidance and proceedings as may be expedient, not inconsistent with this Chapter. The Secretary shall record all actions and things done by the Board and file a copy of the same with the Clerk of the City of Stockton.
Section 135.040. Compensation. [Ord. No. 99 §26.020(4), 3-13-1989]
Members of the Airport Board shall receive no compensation.
Section 135.050. Duties and Responsibilities. [Ord. No. 99 §26.020(5), 3-13-1989; Ord. No. 188 §5B, 9-26-1994]
A. The Airport Board shall:
1. Survey and make plans for the development and maintenance of facilities and activities for an adequate municipal airport system.
2. All monies received for such municipal airport system shall be deposited in the Treasury of the City to the credit of the Airport Fund.
3. All Airport Board employees shall work under direct supervision of the Supervisor of Streets.
4. By August fifteenth (15th) of each year, submit a proposed airport budget for the coming year.
Section 135.060. Annual Reports. [Ord. No. 99 §26.020(6), 3-13-1989]
A. The President of the Airport Board shall present to the Board of Aldermen an annual report. Such report shall be presented at the first (1st) meeting in November of each year and shall consist of:
1. The condition of their fund as of the first (1st) day of October of that year.
2. The various sums of money received from the Airport Fund and other sources.
3. The sums of money expended by the Board and for what purposes.
4. Such other statistics, information and suggestions as the Board may deem to be of general interest.
5. Make recommendations for improving the airport program and facilities.
6. Submit an annual planned program for the use of the airport facilities and areas.
7. All such portions of said report as related to the receipts and expenditures of money shall be verified by the Purchasing Agent.
Section 135.070. Meetings — Quorum. [Ord. No. 99 §26.020(7), 3-13-1989]
The Stockton Airport Board shall meet after at least three (3) days' notice to all members. Regular meetings shall be held at least once each calendar quarter. All meetings shall be held at the City Hall. Three (3) members shall constitute a quorum. The Secretary of said City Airport Board shall provide written minutes of each meeting to the City Clerk within one (1) week of the Board's meeting.
Section 135.080. Private Donations. [Ord. No. 99 §26.020(8), 3-13-1989]
The Board of Aldermen shall be held as special trustees for all donations of money, personal property or real estate for the benefit of such municipal airport whenever such donations are accepted according to the terms of the deed, gift, devise or bequest of such property.
Section 135.090. Expenditure of Funds. [Ord. No. 99 §26.020(9), 3-13-1989]
A. Said Board has no power to expend on behalf of said City from any funds of the City but said Board will submit a written budget proposal to the City prior to the beginning of the fiscal year.
B. The City will pay expenses incurred by the Board pursuant to their budget only when an itemized purchase order is presented to the City Purchasing Agent which has been signed by an authorized member of the Board.
Section 135.100. Alternate Board Members. [Ord. No. 198 §26.022, 1-23-1995]
The Mayor may, with the consent of the Board of Aldermen of the City of Stockton, from time to time as necessary appoint one (1) or more alternates to the Airport Board for the purposes of allowing for a functional Board. Said appointed alternate Board members shall have full authority to act as any other Board member during the period of time of their appointment.